1. What magazines do you subscribe to? I don’t subscribe to any. I enjoy reading Lucky, Vogue and Elle though.
2. Do you watch any fashion TV shows? Does The City count as a fashion TV show? Probably not but when it was on I loved to watch it for the fashion so I’ll count that. I think
and Olivia Palmero have great style. (I’ll probably get some slack for this answer.) Whitney Port
3. Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion
inspiration? Honestly, I can’t say that I frequent any public (online or in print) on a regular basis but when I am looking for inspiration I’ll read TheDailyFrontRow.com, CocoPerez.com and InStyle.com. I’m a huge fan of blogs though.
4. Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… what ads do you like and why? As someone who works in advertising, I LOVE this question. I’m always analyzing ads and ad locations and campaigns to see which ones really get me. I think Guess has always done a fantastic job of creating visually appealing ads and keeping a consistent brand image. Michael Kors print ads do a great job of selling a luxury lifestyle brand and Tommy Hilfiger runs great TV spots by playing on American stereo types. Every time I see those commercials it makes me think of the Tommy Hilfiger bikini I had to have in high-school and then I think, “I like what they are selling here; maybe I should buy another one.”
5. Do you own any fashion books? No but I do keep a binder of pages that I rip out of magazines and use for inspiration.
Just curious, what are some of the most effective ads you have seen?