Friday, May 13, 2011

FBFF: Outside Influences

Today's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions once again focus on where our fashion inspiration comes from.  In a world where fashion is everywhere and everything (or so it seems) and is constantly in your face, how do you choose to let it inspire you and where do you turn for inspiration by choice?

1. What magazines do you subscribe to? I don’t subscribe to any.  I enjoy reading Lucky, Vogue and Elle though.
2. Do you watch any fashion TV shows? Does The City count as a fashion TV show? Probably not but when it was on I loved to watch it for the fashion so I’ll count that.  I think Whitney Port and Olivia Palmero have great style.  (I’ll probably get some slack for this answer.)


3. Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion
inspiration?
Honestly, I can’t say that I frequent any public (online or in print) on a regular basis but when I am looking for inspiration I’ll read TheDailyFrontRow.com, CocoPerez.com and InStyle.com.  I’m a huge fan of blogs though.

4. Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… what ads do you like and why? As someone who works in advertising, I LOVE this question.  I’m always analyzing ads and ad locations and campaigns to see which ones really get me.  I think Guess has always done a fantastic job of creating visually appealing ads and keeping a consistent brand image.  Michael Kors print ads do a great job of selling a luxury lifestyle brand and Tommy Hilfiger runs great TV spots by playing on American stereo types.  Every time I see those commercials it makes me think of the Tommy Hilfiger bikini I had to have in high-school and then I think, “I like what they are selling here; maybe I should buy another one.”

5. Do you own any fashion books? No but I do keep a binder of pages that I rip out of magazines and use for inspiration.

Just curious, what are some of the most effective ads you have seen?

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment