Many of us bloggers are often torn between how to attract new followers, how to hang on to old followers and how to keep our loyal readers and followers happy and around forever.
Today's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions deal with how to handle this sometimes dicey relationship.
Blogging is like a physical relationship - sometimes you just have to date around and try new things before you figure out what really works for you.
1. Guest posts are a good way to gain new exposure. What do you think is the appropriate way to go about securing a guest spot? Start by offering to guest post when a friend needs someone to on their blog. It's a great way to show that you are really capable while helping out a buddy.
2. Leaving comments is essential to growing your blog. But how can you leave a comment without coming across as ‘Follow Me. Follow Me!’? Make sure you really read the content of the blog and then leave a genuine comment. If you are having a hard time finding the words to write, then don't - what until they put up a new post and write something then.
3. We’ve all gotten a mass email at one time or another asking for blog exposure, a link exchange, etc… But the mass emails don’t work. How do you make your email stand out from the crowd? Once again, make sure it's genuine. Don't just send out an email saying follow me. It's obnoxious. When bloggers truly need help with something (like promoting a good cause or launching a great idea) mass emails are great. People are much more likely to respond when the request is from the heart.
4. In interacting with other bloggers where do you draw the line
between seeking support and begging for exposure? My bloggersistas (I should trade mark that. You heard that phrase here first kids) are THE BEST! I don't have to force feelings to give them support. I truly love their blogs and love reading and leaving comments on them and I hope they feel the same way towards mine.
5. What’s one rule of engagement error you made and how have you
remedied that? Please let me know!