Friday, April 29, 2011

FBFF: Fitness and Fashion

FBFF:Fitness and Fashion (since I used my creative title on last week's fitness related post!)

So I swear I didn't see these questions before last week's post.  If you didn't read it, please check it out! It'll give you some great ideas on what to wear when working out - perfect for both functionality and fashion.

1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why? Yes.  I'm pretty routine about everything actually and I hate to deviate during the work week.  Having a routine keeps me on track and makes me feel good.


2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image? Well they say working out helps build endorphins and endorphins make you happy.  I definitely think that working out helps with your body image (or it should.) When you treat your body right it's a good feeling, knowing you're trying your best to take care of it.  At least that's how I feel.

3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion? I am 98% percent about functionality!  While I do try to match my old teeshirts to my pants and sneakers, I keep the mantra - I'm at the gym to make my body look and feel good outside of the gym.  I'm there to get in and get out.  It's not a social hour or beauty pageant for me.  Plus, I'd rather spend my money on other things.

4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness? Probably.  Americans have such a twisted perception of what beautiful is.  Many people think it means being super skinny.  This creates a horrible image perception.  You see those people in magazines and you think, "I should look like that, why don't I look like that?"
5.  Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal. To have perfectly flat abs without doing any type of ab exercise.  That would be glorious.  I envy those people.
If you need/want more ideas on how to treat your body good check out my friend Krystle's blog at FierceFabFit.

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment