FBFF:Fitness and Fashion (since I used my creative title on last week's fitness related post!)
So I swear I didn't see these questions before last week's post. If you didn't read it, please check it out! It'll give you some great ideas on what to wear when working out - perfect for both functionality and fashion.
1. Do you keep some kind of fitness routine? Why? Yes. I'm pretty routine about everything actually and I hate to deviate during the work week. Having a routine keeps me on track and makes me feel good.
2. Has working out, maybe training for a marathon or something of that nature, helped with your own perception of body image? Well they say working out helps build endorphins and endorphins make you happy. I definitely think that working out helps with your body image (or it should.) When you treat your body right it's a good feeling, knowing you're trying your best to take care of it. At least that's how I feel.
3. When you are hitting the gym or just going out for a long walk what do you wear? Is it about functionality or fashion? I am 98% percent about functionality! While I do try to match my old teeshirts to my pants and sneakers, I keep the mantra - I'm at the gym to make my body look and feel good outside of the gym. I'm there to get in and get out. It's not a social hour or beauty pageant for me. Plus, I'd rather spend my money on other things.
4. Do you feel there is a cultural perception of what you ‘should’ be doing for your own physical fitness? Probably. Americans have such a twisted perception of what beautiful is. Many people think it means being super skinny. This creates a horrible image perception. You see those people in magazines and you think, "I should look like that, why don't I look like that?"
5. Dream big… what would be your ultimate fitness goal. To have perfectly flat abs without doing any type of ab exercise. That would be glorious. I envy those people.
If you need/want more ideas on how to treat your body good check out my friend Krystle's blog at FierceFabFit.