Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days

Even after last winter’s treacherous snow nightmare, I’ve been finding myself craving a snow day sooner than I originally thought.  (Original thought, “I don’t want to see another damn snowflake for ten years.”)  It might be in part to our new house, which is located in a great part of the city.  We can walk to a ton of bars, convenience stores and restaurants if we are snowed in.  Last year, we could still walk to places but our options were limited.  Now that I am mentally prepared for more snow, I want to be physically prepared as well.  No, this doesn’t mean I’m running hills preparing my legs for what it will feel like to walk in snow, it means I need to start getting some things to wear.

Snow is no excuse to look like you could be confused with a street person.

Here are my favorite winter snow essentials for looking more snow bunny than abdominal snow monster.

*A Hat*
(KAOS Women’s Hat available @ Yoox.com, $59.00)


*A Parka*

(Moncler Nim Parka available @ Barneys New York, $1,250.00)

*A Snood*

(ASOS White Cable and Chain Salt Pepper Knit Snood available @ ASOS.com, $27.58)

*Wool Leggings*

(Ralph Lauren Wool Ribbed Leggings available @ Ralph Lauren, $74.00)

*Mittens*

(Lacoste Women’s Cable Knit Mitten available @ Lacoste, $45.00)

*A Great Pair of Boots*

(Pajar Boots Luv Black Nylon available @ Jildorshoes.com, $175.00)


  
How do you dress for the snow? Do you even bother getting outside?

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment