Fashion Beauty Friend Friday
1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? In a rare occasion, I think of what I am going to wear for work the night before. Most of the time, I dress according to my mood (and the weather) each day.
2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend? I rarely plan outfits for work unless I have an event, meeting or presentation. I will admit that I OBSESS over planning super far in advance (far enough that my friends might consider me crazy,) for big events and night outs. (This could be anything from someone’s birthday to New Year’s Eve.) (Example. I started looking for the perfect dress to wear for my bachelorette party almost a year in advance.)(Disclaimer. This anal retentive craziness is sometimes a double edged sword. Sometimes I find the perfect outfit and by the time the event comes I’m over it and have to find something else to wear.)
3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat? I have an almost photographic memory of what I wore (and what other people wore) and when. In high-school my friends used to call my house around 6a.m. to ask me the last time they wore something so they wouldn’t wear it again too soon.
4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet? (Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?) I don’t really play around with outfit combinations. Every now and again I see something that inspires me and I think, “Oh, I have something like that and it would look great with this.”
5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time? Shop more.
Interested in seeing how other fashion bloggers responded? Check out Fashion Beauty Friend Friday.