Thursday, January 13, 2011

FBFF “Dresstiny”

“How much of it is just random selection and how much of what we see is pre-determined?” – Katy from ModlyChic.com


Fashion Beauty Friend Friday







1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? In a rare occasion, I think of what I am going to wear for work the night before.  Most of the time, I dress according to my mood (and the weather) each day.

2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month,
weekend? I rarely plan outfits for work unless I have an event, meeting or presentation.  I will admit that I OBSESS over planning super far in advance (far enough that my friends might consider me crazy,) for big events and night outs.  (This could be anything from someone’s birthday to New Year’s Eve.)  (Example. I started looking for the perfect dress to wear for my bachelorette party almost a year in advance.)(Disclaimer. This anal retentive craziness is sometimes a double edged sword.  Sometimes I find the perfect outfit and by the time the event comes I’m over it and have to find something else to wear.)

3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already
worn so you don't repeat?  I have an almost photographic memory of what I wore (and what other people wore) and when.  In high-school my friends used to call my house around 6a.m. to ask me the last time they wore something so they wouldn’t wear it again too soon.

4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?
(Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?)  I don’t really play around with outfit combinations.  Every now and again I see something that inspires me and I think, “Oh, I have something like that and it would look great with this.”

5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do
to cut down your dressing time?  Shop more.

Interested in seeing how other fashion bloggers responded?  Check out Fashion Beauty Friend Friday.

XXoo

6 comments:

  1. Wow... your format is a little funky. I'm having a hard time reading your answers. :( I wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I am trying to fix this morning. Thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TM - For some reason your font runs right through your right-hand column and totally off the page. Not sure what's happening, but I've noticed it a couple other times. Maybe it's something in the custom formatting? - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. TM, great answers! You remind me of myself in regard to your love of fashion! I can pretty much remember what I wore, ie....if I've worn something before. In fact, I so clearly remember what other people wear more than I remember their names. I may forget a name or a face, but never an outfit! LOL ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friends used to call you for that? You must have an amazing memory!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I wish I had a photographic memory... mine seems very selective. Sometimes, if i'm lucky, I'll realize I just wore the same or similar outfit as I'm walking out the door (maybe it's why I'm always late to things!). LOL @ your answer to #5 ;D

    ReplyDelete