Friday, January 21, 2011

FBFF Finding Uniqueness In A Cookie Cutter World

In a world of competition and comparisons, it becomes increasingly hard to find someone truly authentic.  The same goes for blogs.

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

1.) Most readers and fellow fashion bloggers value authenticity in the blogs they read.  How would you describe blog/blogger authenticity?  I think it is really hard to find blog authenticity.  I would describe it as a page that contains content set up in its' own unique fashion with fresh material -something you wouldn't read or see elsewhere.

2.) When it comes to your blog how do you infuse it with that true/authentic feeling?  My blog is a little rugged.  It doesn't look like a website and sometimes the editing and format is extremely basic.  While I want to continue working on little things to make it better, I really like the raw, basic, old school blog-like feel to it.  You don't see many of those those these days.

3.)  Have you stopped following a blog in the last three months?  What made you lose interest?  I wouldn't say that I have lost interest in any blogs recently.  There are so many I enjoy reading, sometimes I just don't have time to get to them all each day or week.

4.)  We can't communicate effectively on our blogs, something we don't live in real life...what are some ways you try to live an authentic life?  Well, I write a fashion blog about shopping, mainly online shopping, and I do a hell of a lot of online shopping.  The trends that I am writing about and the pieces that I am sharing with my readers are things I am following or buying a version of for myself.

5.) Give a shout-out...Which bloggers do you think are truly genuine and why?  I have to give shout outs to my other Three T Mafia (inside) girls, Taliah and Ty.  Check out www.fashionwashere.wordpress.com and www.heybellablog.com for some great genuine blogs.  Fashion Was Here covers Taliah's personal style, street style, shopping, and beauty tips.  Ty writes about high fashion, runway shows, new designers, vlogs her personal thoughts, and features so much else on Hey Bella Blog.  They are both refreshing and unique everyday reads.  Plus, they are both awesome and unique people too.

What are some of your favorite authentic blogs?  Have you ever stopped reading a certain blog?  Why?

Wanna read about more great blogs?  Learn more about Fashion Beauty Friend Friday and then join the Google Group.

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment