Saturday, January 29, 2011

FBFF: Take Your Best Shot

FBFF

This week's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions came as a bit of a challenge for me to answer.  I love photography but do not have a blog where I take and post pictures of myself.  I tried to answer them anyways and plan on posting more pictures later from my home PC (if I can find them, see question #2.*UPDATE - went home, searched around, memory card still missing.)




1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video camera, tripod, etc...) I don't take pictures for my blog.  If I want to share a photo of something, I do so on my Twitter account or will send friends the links. I enjoy photography and have a very old (film) SLR, A Sony digital camera, A Cannon Digital and a tripod for personal use.

2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system,photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..)For the last two years, I've used Picasa Web Albums.  This is great because I can stick my memory card into my laptop, they upload right into my Picasa and will sync with the Picasa Web Album.  I do have a Flickr account but don't update it often.  I've also used Photobucket, SnapFish, Digg, and a few others (that I wish I could remember right now.)  The past use of multiple sites has caused some of my favorite pictures to be lost in cyberspace. 

3. What is your process for taking pictures? I really love taking pictures.  I find that ones that I set up or don't come naturally, don't turn out well.  I've done alot of photojournalism in the past and enjoy taking pictures in the moment.  These feel the most authentic to me.

4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily? Well I definitely don't scout locations, especially since I don't take and blog pictures of myself but in regards to taking pictures for general use inspiration for taking a great shot comes while driving in the car, visiting a new place, seeing things from a new angle, the weather, or light hitting something in a particular way.

5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying? A digital SLR.  There's really no other way to get a quality picture without being able to adjust your lense.

Interested in a behind the lense point of view from other FBFF members?  Check out ModlyChic.

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment