Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Take A Hike!

I love the idea of these heeled "hiking" boots.  I'd also love to see someone actually hiking a mountain in any of these but unless you are extremely brave (or extremely ignorant) these boots would look much better paired with a flannel shirt and scarf than paired with a mountain trail.

Here are a few of my favorite hiking inspired boots this season.


This first pair is affordable and cute(and also available in black!)  I'm a HUGE fan of the faux sheepskin fold down - I'm buying this pair to wear with dark denim skinnies and a boyfriend flannel.


(Lace Up Shearling Bootie available @ Charlotte Russe, $30)


This pair is the perfect shade of brown.  The double ankle straps help to accentuate any ankle (in a positive way, I promise)and would look perfect with a cozy sweater dress.


(Dolce Vita Women's Joelle Boot available @ Endless.com, $219)

In my opinion, Diane Von Furstenburg can do no wrong.  DVF is known for updated versions of classic styles and these boots are no different.  (Think heeled moccasin.) Trendy but worth the investment, this pair could be worn for years to come due to its simplicity.


(Diane Von Furstenburg Jameson Hiking Booties available @ Shopbop.com, $395)

These Elizabeth and James booties are also worth investing in.  On trend for more than one reason (they're suede, platformed, a bootie, have laces and feature a neutral color)they'll fit in for seasons to come.


(Elizabeth and James Moxie Suede Hiking Booties available @ Shopbop.com, $395)


Under $30, these boots are another great buy this season.  Can be passed off as a hiking, grunge or military inspired boot - all HUGE trends right now.

(Workman Lace Up Bootie available at Forever21, $27.90)

Topshop is known for selling affordable yet on-trend items and these boots are no different.  These won't break the bank and are a great alternative to wearing heels this winter.  (Guaranteed to keep your feet warmer too!  Hopefully.)

(Arella2 Heeled Hiking Boots available @ Topshop, $190)


Embarrassingly enough, I love this next pair of boots because they remind me of 2 shoes I (shamelessly) owned and loved growing up. Penny Loafers and Timberland boots.  Enough said.


(Tory Burch Howard Wedge Hiking Boots available @ ToryBurch.com, $395)

I love this next pair.  They remind me of the snow boots I threw into the backseat of my car last winter for emergency purposes.  Granted, the ones in my backseat - yes, they are still in my backseat - don't have a heel but if I owned these at the time I might've tried to wear them in the snow (especially after all wine we drank to stay warm.)


(Nine West Shoes Joss Booties available @ Macy's, $190)

Even though this last pair is the most expensive, (I have champagne taste remember,) they are one of my favorite heeled boots this season.  I think its because something about them screams "I can kick your ass!  Wear me hiking up a mountain or to war, I'll keep your feet warm too!"


(Rag & Bone Mallory Leather Lace Up Ankle Boots available @ NET-A-PORTER.com, $815)

In all, it's worth investing in at least one pair of heeled hiking boots this season.  No one wants to wear pumps or riding boots all winter and take note - Uggs don't dress up well (so please stop trying people.) 

XXoo


No comments:

Post a Comment