Wednesday, October 13, 2010

SweataWeatha, This Season's Cropped Sweaters...

I originally thought I was going to post about something else today but as I sat here in my office thinking to myself, "Damn, it's cold, I really need to buy some more winter clothes," I pondered what kind of winter clothes? What do I wish I were wearing right now?  What is warm and snuggly, yet stylish enough to wear out of the house? (Note: it's FREEZING in here today.)

My answer.  A cropped sweater.

I haven't seen too many of these yet this season.  We all saw the return of the cropped tee this summer.  (Something most people weren't/aren't brave enough to wear unless you are a Victoria's Secret model and have abs of steel.  I wish.) 

The cropped sweater is a little different though.  Layering is always an option for those afraid to show skin (think a nice fitted tank underneath)but my favorite thing to wear with cropped sweaters this fall/winter is a good high-waisted, pleated trouser. (New Obsession.)

While most of these are WAY out of my price range (unless I stumble into some serious cash flow over the next fews months, I'll have to keep searching for the cheaper versions of some of my favorite designer pieces.


This is my absolute FAVORITE cropped sweater of the season.  It is also the most expensive.  (My mother always said I had champagne taste on a beer budget.  Although I'm past the cheep beer stage in life, I'm still not at Dom Perignon.)


(Proenza Schouler Cropped wool-blend sweater available @ NET-A-PORTER.com, $2,050)


In my opinion, Alexander Wang never fails in making classic pieces that can be worn for years and are appropriate both day and night.  This sweater would look fantastic with over the knee boots and jeans or with a sparkly mini skirt and heels for a night out.  If you're looking to invest in one cropped sweater this season.  This one is my MUST-have due to its classic versatility.


 (Alexander Wang Cotton-knit Cropped Sweater available @ NET-A-PORTER.com, $375)

I would love to wear this sweater with rolled up, pleated trouser pants and booties on a cold winter day.  Perfect for relaxed days spent sipping Egg Nog or Irish Coffee with friends.  (Insert fireplace or ski lodge.)


 (BAMFORD Cable-knit Cashmere Sweater available @ NET-A-PORTER.com, $795)

Not quite as exorbitantly priced as some of the other cropped sweaters I’ve seen, this is a great cropped sweater for dressing up or down.  This sweater is slightly more modest than the others as well - and would look great with jeans, leggings or trousers.

 

(BCBGMAXAZRIA cropped cashmere sweater available @ BCBGMAXAZRIA, $238)

I like this sweater because it screams "SNUGGLY!"  While some of the other sweaters are more fashion forward than they are warm, this sweater would keep all your limbs covered no matter the weather.  (Plus it's the only cropped sweater I've seen that is navy and would look fantastic with a pair of this season's camel colored pants.)


(Eryn Brinie Turtleneck available @ Tobi.com, $46)

This last cropped sweater is super affordable AND cute.  I especially love it because it has similar colors to the Proenza Schouler one I'm obsessing over.  (Although I wish it had more of a pattern!)


(RD Style Striped Cropped Sweater available @ Dillards, $59) 

As a huge fan of warm weather and hot summer days, the thought that fall and winter have barely begun gives me a serious case of the chills.  At least I know there is some good cold weather fashion out there this season and I'll be sitting here dreaming of it (and tropical vacation destinations.)

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment