Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Hope Everyone Notices, I Showed Up Nude Today

I still regret deciding to buy grey peep toe Christian Louboutins over nude ones two years ago.  There have been so many occasions that I've longed for that addition of a great flesh colored shoe in my closet and alas, there aren't any in there.

The popularity of camel is helping earth tones come back in a big way.  Along with olive green, nude tones are sure to be a big hot for spring and next summer.

In my constant struggle to add color (nude is a color right?) to my wardrobe, I've begun to look for great pieces in this lighter shade of tan.

Here are some of my favorite things I've found thus far.

I love a great nude top.  This top would look great with jeans and heels for a date night or with a pencil skirt to work.  The combinations are endless!  Great investment shirt!


(Petite Nude Crop Tab Sleeve Collarless Shirt available @ TopShop, $70.00)


Three words. Marc. Jacobs. Clutch.


(Marc Jacobs Fold Over Clutch available @ MyTheresa.com, $512.69)


Jumpsuits are on the rise and its easy to see why!  (You don't have to find a shirt to match your pants or vice versa.)  This one is sure to be uber cozy and sheek.  Thakoon makes GREAT clothing.  Pair it with a patterned scarf or a great pair of earrings.


(Thakoon Metallic Stripe Silk-Blend Jumpsuit available @ THEOUTNET.com, $540.00)

I love Stella McCartney for a few reasons. 1.) She follows me on Twitter. (True story.) 2.) She is vegan and makes all of her garments accordingly. 3.)You can wear her designs over and over again - they are timeless!


(Stella McCartney Python Print Cashmere and Silk Scarf available @ NET-A-PORTER.com, $472.50)

I'm SO excited for the return of Halston.  As a HUGE Billy Joel fan and fashion lover, I began to search for great vintage Halston pieces the first time I heard the song, "Big Shot."


 (Halston Heritage Pleated Flower Dress available @ MyTheresa.com, $523.21)

It may be pricey for a necklace but it'll go with anything.  Imagine Cameron Diaz when she wore a necklace similar to this one (but turquoise) with a fabulous white gown.
 

(Balos Necklace available @ Anthropologie, $180.00)

The elusive Christian Louboutin pumps I still regret not getting.  I'll get them one day!


(Christian Louboutin Very Prive 120 Patent Peep Toe Pump available @ Footcandyshoes.com, $795.00)



Many people have reoccurring nightmares about showing up to school or work completely nude.  For me, it’s something I look forward to.

XXoo


No comments:

Post a Comment