Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Day Late But Not A Dollar Short

So it may not be Friday anymore but I don't mind.  Here are this week's questions and answers to Fashion Beauty Friend Friday.

1. How important do you think reader connectedness is to the success
of your blog?
  I think reader connectedness is the key ingredient for blog success.  If you connect with your readers (which everyone should strive to do, unless they are keeping the blog for their own personal reasons,) you will keep you readers coming back for more.
2. What do you do to draw readers in and create that writer-reader bond? I started this blog as a site for my friends to check my latest online shopping finds and trend cravings without me having to email them 20 times a day; so I write the same way I would speak to my friends.  I think this helps to create a writer-reader bond.  Some of the things I say are more intimate and my style of writing is pretty informal.  I think this helps make the readers feel like they are my friends even if we have never met. 
3. What is one way you could improve this connection?  I would like more of my readers to engage so I could get their thoughts and suggestions.  This would help to improve the connections between myself and my readers.
4. Is there a blogger you think does a great job creating that writer-reader bond? Why?  I think Melissa Blake from
http://melissabxoxo.blogspot.com does a fantastic job creating a writer-reader bond.  Her posts are so honest.  I feel like we are sitting in the same room together just hanging out.  She does a great job of letting the reader get to know who she is while keeping us going back for more each day.
5. What do you do to cultivate new readers? How do you get them to your site in the first place?  I’m still working on this one.  I started off by sending the link to my blog to all of my friends.  Since I don’t have Facebook, several of my friends have posted the link on their pages.  (However, I’m sure if I had Facebook, this would be a great way to extend my reach.)  I currently Tweet the link to new posts and last time I checked my Google Analytics, I was extremely surprised by the number of views.  Some of my followers retweet the post which is extremely helpful in reaching some people I wouldn’t have with just my post.  I still don’t feel as though this is enough to cultivate new readers.  I’ve tried StumbleUpon (but don’t really know how this has worked.)  I also recently signed up for BlogLovin’ and I hope this helps me get some more readers as well!

Interested in joining in the conversation? Learn more about Fashion Beauty Friend Friday and then join the Google Group. This will get you access to the Friday questions a couple days early as well as the off-blog conversations we have on any number of topics.


XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment