Friday, August 5, 2011

What to Where

Every location has its own sense of style (or lack there of.) As fashion, beauty, and style bloggers this is something we are all too aware of.  Today's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions focuses on whether or not style is always location dependent.

1. What part of the world do you blog from? East Coast, United States.  I am based in Baltimore but spend a lot of time working in D.C. and N.Y. as well.

2. If you had to describe the overall mode of dress for where you live what would you say? Well I'd say Baltimore has some style.  It's not N.Y. and D.C. style is completely different but Baltimore style is a mix of artsy or preppy or what I will call teen trendy.  No one is really doing anything super ground breaking with their ensembles.  My favorite area to check out people's style is Hampden where I work.  People here are sometimes labeled hipsters but really they do their own thing.  It works.

3. Do you fit in with the status quo around you or do you break the mold? I don't really know if there is a way to answer this question modestly...but I'm just gonna say it and go with I think I break the mold.  I feel like a lot of people around dress a certain way and I don't want to look like them...or anyone else for that matter.

4. If you have lived or traveled to another part of the country/world did your clothing choices evolve? I wouldn't say that traveling has made my clothing choices evolve more so as I've grown my clothing choices have too.

5. If you had to describe your style by naming a specific city, what would you be? I've been told my style is very Parisian - classic simple garments, minimal makeup and statement jewelry.

Do you feel pressure to change your style to blend wherever you travel or live?

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment