Friday, August 19, 2011

FBFF: You May Say I'm A Dreamer

I'm a dreamer.  I always have been.  I don't remember it starting at any specific time but I do know I've always had my head in the clouds with my feet dragging on the ground.  I believe that those who do not dream, do not live and what's the point of it all if you have nothing to aspire to so obviously when I saw this week's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions, I got a little excited. 

1. Fess up - if you could do anything professionally what would it be? Only my best friends and family know this but I'll share with you. (Secrets out now!) If I could be anything in the entire world, I'd be a model.  I'm talking high-fashion, runway walking, editorial photo taking model.
 2. What draws you to this? A few things draw my to this - I love to travel and meet new people and I'd get to do that all the time.  I love being photographed.  I love the way editorials dress models as a form of art and quite frankly I'd love the paycheck (and the clothes and shoes.)


3. When did you first start dreaming about this ideal? A long long time ago.  I started talking about it in high school though.

4. What's holding you back from going all in?  Well mainly I'm only 5'7" so while I have been asked to model for a few agencies, it's only to be told I'd be great for catalog and soaps. (Disclaimer - this would still be awesome but at the time I was balancing college and work and did not think I could graduate and be out of town all the time.)

5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest... what's one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream?  So, now that you know I've already pretty much pursed that dream (and I'm definitely done growing so I'm at peace with it) I will let you know that I believe you can have many dreams (which I do) and they can always change and grow as you do.  I currently have a few (and you can check out my Tumbler page for postings I call "Bucket.List" for some other smaller ones.)Some of my bigger ones have been buying a house (done) buying a BMW (done) and one I am currently working on is being one of the best and most sought after media planner/buyer in the country. 

So dear reader, I leave you with this.  Don't ever let anyone tell you no (not even yourself.)  It doesn't matter where you came from or where you are now.  If you can dream it, you can do it.

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment