Whether we want to or not, it's easy to get caught up in labels. Whether it's the label on the clothes you are wearing (or not wearing) or the label society sticks on a group of people, everyone has been concerned with labeling at some point in their lives (whether you want to admit it or not.)
1. As a someone who writes/blogs about fashion, have you placed yourself into some sort of blogging category? I didn't know there were categories?
2. What keeps you from or encourages you to label yourself as a
certain kind of blogger? Hmmm well, I don't think I label myself as a certain "type" of blogger really.
3. When picking blogs to read and follow are you drawn to ones that indicate a certain group or way of thinking/being? Totally. I mean who wouldn't? Blog reading should be fun and for me fun entails enjoying what I am reading and I enjoy reading blogs that have similar style and writing to my own. A blog is like a friend. Most of my friends have something in common with myself and the blogs I enjoy the most do as well.
4. Do you think there are benefits in labeling yourself or others? I think labeling is okay if you do it in a positive way and don't label other's in a negative way. For example, I'd like to label myself as a hard worker, good wife, and someone with a good sense of fashion. However, it's not up to me to label other people. That's something you should do for yourself. If you want.
5. Agree or Disagree - We're all just people; we don't need all the labels. Well I agree. People shouldn't be labeled but people do label people and even if it is subconsciously. Society makes us this way - we see it in magazines "What's Hot, What's Not." We see it as we grow up - clubs and groups have names as this separates people from each other by giving them a label. That's just how it is.
What about you? Do you find yourself caring about labels? Or do you embrace everyone's differences?
Have a great weekend everyone!
P.S. If you want to find out more about me check out my Tumblr page.