Friday, February 11, 2011

FBFF: Black Will Always Be My New Black

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday

In lieu of a recent FBFF sponsorship from a place that sells colored tights, this week's FBFF questions are based around (you guessed it) color!

1. What color dominates your closet? For those of you who regularly read my blog (or looked at the title to this post) you already know how I'm going to answer this question.  Black dominates my closet.  Then white, then gray.  (To prove my point, today I am wearing black and gray.)

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet? Money really isn't an issue that determines what color the clothes are in my closet.  I understand that it might sway some people towards what is a safe and practical color for them so the garment would be worth whatever you are spending on it.  For me, I wear a lot of black because it is simple and classic and really just my favorite color.  Sometimes I will throw a bright item into the mix on those days where I think, "I really need to add some color to my wardrobe," but then I don't end up wearing it because that's not me.

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors? Ahh mixing colors.  Some people pull this off great.  I still remember an editorial in Cosmopolitan last summer that did this fabulously (if you count different shades of the same color as mixing colors.)  In each picture the model was wearing garments in various shades of the same color.  It looked amazing, I've just never tried to do it.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits? I don't really. If I happen to be wearing color it would either be from a bright sweater thrown over an all black ensemble or from a scarf or from jewelry and accessories.


5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe? I really think Tiffany from A Reason To Be Fabulous does such a great job at this!  It seems she is always wearing nice bright colors and ties everything together really nicely.  I also love how Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere incorporates color into her wardrobe.  Most of the time it is subtle, which is similar to my own color choices.

Interested in seeing what color everyone else prefers to wear?  Check out the FBFF Group at
ModlyChic.

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment