After what seems like a month, Fashion Beauty Friend Fridays are back and I couldn’t be more excited. This time of year is always a great one to talk about fashion; after all NYFW is less than a month away.
We are about to see a lot of trends during fashion week so it seems only fitting that this week’s FBFF questions focus on new trends.
1. With Fashion week just around the corner, we are all beginning to focus on the upcoming trends for fall. But what about the trends hitting stores now? What are you coveting? Haha well, I always get super itchy when I think of something that I know is going to be a HUGE trend in the future. I hate waiting for everyone else to be wearing the trend and usually like to jump into it as soon as I can get my hands on it. This isn’t always easy since stores don’t always carry next season’s IT items. BUT…if we are focusing on RIGHT now I’ll say I’m most exciting to start wearing the color blocking trend. Like I mentioned in my last post, I started buying items to do this but it hasn’t been warm enough to wear most of it yet. I’m also going to throw in and say that instead of bright neon color blocking (which is so right now) that we will be seeing a lot of jewel toned color blocking for fall and a lot of floral and bustier top lines.
2. How do you incorporate new trends into your wardrobe? I go shopping.
3. What trend are you seeing and not loving? Hmmm, this one is kind of tough. I kind of have a love hate relationship with the colored jeans thing happening right now. I really want bright yellow pants but I am just not a jeans person.
4. Do you feel the pressure to constantly update your closet with the latest trends? Not at all. I buy what I like and what I must have. This always includes some classic pieces and some trendier pieces. If it’s a trendier item I tend to not spend as much on the item – I save that for the classic pieces I will love forever.
5. Where do you find inspiration that takes the trend and makes it accessible to you and your personal taste? Well as far as inspiration goes, I follow my gut then I shop accordingly. This usually involves a serious amount of online shopping so I can just Google whatever I am thinking of.
What are some of your favorite trends right now?
For more Fashion Bloggers' answers hop on over to Modly Chic.