Friday, October 7, 2011

FBFF: (Fashion) Victim of A Contagious Epidemic

It happens to everyone. You might pay it no mind at first but after weeks of hearing or seeing something repeatedly it seeps into your mind and after awhile it's all you can think about.  You begin to get the "I have to have it RIGHT NOW" thoughts that seep in during meetings, every day conversations and as you lay in bed at night. You don't want to be left out of what everyone else has, do you? No.  So you with everyone else (who has also had these thoughts) hits the stores at the same time (and also periodically) vying for the same items that you HAVE to have. Voila, a craze has been created.

Since almost no one is safe from this epidemic and when exposed it is extremely contagious, this week's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions divulge into how it affects even the savviest shoppers.

1. Do you ever see a fad hit the stores and immediately dislike it? Has that fad ever began to grow on you? I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I know I've been victim to this before.

2. Has the popularity of a certain piece of clothing or line ever
convinced you to try on something (or purchase something) you dislike?
This I can answer. Yes. I am not much of a Juicy Couture or Tiffany's person but I do own quite a few items from each brand.  Not that there's anything wrong with either, I'm just not one of those girls.

3. Have you ever changed your mind about a trend after seeing it
around for a while?
Like the answer to number one - I know I have, I just can't tell you when or what.

4. Do you feel a certain pressure to have specific items in your
closet because 'everyone' else does? 
I certainly don't feel pressure to have specific items in my closet because other people do at this point in my life but I definitely have before.  (See answer number two.)

5. Be honest, what do you think of the Missoni line? Did you grab any items? Is it worth the eBay prices? I'm actually going to answer this question first since I have strong feelings about it.  I cannot stand when high-end brands do lines for places like Target or H & M.  I like Target and I like H & M and I like Missoni and all the other brands that have designed for these stores but I like them separately.  I don't see a sense in paying a lot of money for something at one of these stores just because they label says a certain name.  You are still buying a piece of clothing from one of these stores not specifically the designer.  I think it's better to save your money towards a new garment from the line or buy vintage piece.  I feel the quality is much better.

What about you?  Have you ever fallen victim to a craze?

XXoo

No comments:

Post a Comment